We are looking for a Full Stack Developer for our team who is a progressive thinker and can stand the responsibility for delivering projects across a multidisciplinary and cutting edge stack. You will be responsible to handle big, tricky, unorganised and almost always highly sensitive Enterprise data and engineer a product which requires not just awareness about programming best practices, but code security loopholes as well. You will closely work with team members from 3 continents across 4 time zones and will be required to have incredible team chemistry and be innovative in your approach about everything!
- Create or extend modules of Tuttio.
- Collaborate with product managers and front end developers to integrate new back end functionalities.
- Write scalable and maintainable code.
- Unit test, debug and resolve compatibility issues across devices, browsers and OS variants.
SUPER-POWERS YOU NEED…
- PHP or Python, with expertise in one and demonstrable knowledge in the other. If PHP is your language of choice, experience in frameworks like Laravel, Yii, CakePHP and the like. If Python is your language of choice, experience in Django.
- Should have an excellent grasp of OOP, DRY and ORMs.
- Working with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Hyptertable, with a firm understanding on the principles of designing a NoSQL DB.
- Expertise in Relational databases like MySQL, Amazon RDS/Aurora, SQLite.
- Experience of building, and working with, RESTful APIs which use XML and/or JSON.
- Firm understanding on the principles of data security, in transit and in situ.
- CLI tools, with an emphasis on Composer package manager, Gulp task runner & Git.
- In-depth knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3. Experience with SASS/SCSS & BEM would be ideal.
- Working knowledge of the unit testing frameworks would be a plus.
- Should have worked in an agile environment before. Working knowledge of JIRA is desirable. GIT is the version control of choice.
- Working knowledge of Elasticsearch is a plus. Should have an expert understanding of pros and cons, appropriate use cases and application relevance of various database technologies (SQL vs NOSql vs Elasticsearch as a DB).
- Experience with Angular or similar frameworks would be very helpful.